Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 6, 2009--Day 2

Ruth 2

Now the story is getting good...Ruth has met Boaz (the resident hottie). :) He's a very godly man. We can see all his great qualities in their first meeting. He has heard about Ruth, and is instantly kind and compassionate towards her. Boaz is a respected man in the city. He has many fields and lots of workers. And he is also protective of Ruth...he instructs his workers not to harm her, embarass her, and even to help her. We later learn that he is also a kinsman redeemer.

The idea of the kinsman redeemer is one that I LOVE. It's like there is a line of people to redeem you out of a bad situation if trouble strikes. In Ruth's case, Boaz is in that line...more on that later.

The idea of the kinsman redeemer also makes me think of God. He is our kinsman redeemer too. When we are in the worst of situations, heartbroken, alone, and feeling out of place, God is right there waiting to redeem us out of that life...if we will put ourselves completely under his control.

I can just see God smiling down at Ruth while she is in a foreign land, all alone, working hard in a field...He knew all along that she was about to meet Boaz, the love of her life. I love knowing that even in my darkest and most uncertain times, God is not worried. He is in control and he is smiling, knowing the good things He has in store for me around the corner...maybe the next minute. What a good God!

Psalm 2

"Blessed are all who take refuge in Him." ~Psalm 2:12


John 1: 35-51

Two things I love from this reading:
1. Jesus' first question to the disciples is "What do you want?"

Man, that's a big question. But I have to answer it if I am to go after anything in prayer. For the last two days, I've been eating very healthily and I've joined the YMCA. So, today in my prayer time I asked the Lord for supernatural help, faithfulness, endurance, and that I will be filled with the fruit of the Spirit: self-control.
That's what I want...that's what I'm praying for.

2. Comedy moment: When Nathaniel hears about Jesus, and that he is from Nazareth, he says, "Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?" LOL! It might not be funny to anyone else...but I grew up in a town where I might ask the same question. Just nice to know where Jesus lived, and that God can use anyone from anywhere.

Well, going to the Y now...gonna be like Ruth and put myself under his control, and see what He will do with my body! ttyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment