Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Promise Verse

The end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 have been "challenging" to say the least.

All in the span of two months, we've had:

2 ER visits in the middle of the night
3 of us with pink eye
Bart's surgery complications
3 of us with Bronchitis
5 doc visits
Christmas vacation while sick
Bart's masters work (papers and exams due)
And very little consistant sleep...

So, one night when I was literally up ALL night with Sellick...I decided to use the time to pray (if I was going to up anyway). I told the Lord that I was very excited about the end of 2010, and all the good things that He has for us in 2011.

THEN...I asked Him for a promise verse for this year. I got the idea from Beth Moore (one of my favorite Christian authors).

And God immediately spoke to me. I heard Isaiah. So, I flipped there, and then I heard 54, so I went there, and then I heard "start at 11." I thought "am I hearing right?" But, I flipped to the reference and was astounded at what I knew the LORD was saying to us.

"Afflicted city, lashed by storms, and not comforted, I will rebuild you with stones of turquoise, your foundations with sapphires. I will make your battlements of rubies, your gates of sparkling jewels, and all your walls of precious stones. All your children will be taught by the LORD, and great will be their peace. In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you. If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing; whoever attacks you, will surrunder to you.

See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame, and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to wreak havoc; no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me, declares the LORD."

What a comfort!! What a promise!! I encourage everyone to do the same...take a little time and ask God to show you a scripture or bring one to mind (and then go find it, and read all that is around it...ask Him for your promise verse for this year!!)

He already knows what's coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment