Thursday, March 10, 2011

Running the Day

"I will listen to what God the LORD says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants-but let them not turn to folly."

As I posted earlier this year, the LORD told me that this year He wanted to deal with some of the "chaotic" things in my life, (things that are out of order). And that was no lie.

Just in three months, He has had me examine EVERYTHING I do and everything I am a part of with a discerning eye. What I've learned is that some things are good, some things need to go, and some things can stay, but need to get into order under me.

A couple of months ago, I had just a crazy day. I was running late all day, I was crabby with my husband and the kids. I felt like I was saying, "Hurry hurry" all day. At the end of the day, I'd worked all day and felt like I had little to show for it. I was exhausted. I told God I needed help.

The next day, I got up earlier, I had laid out clothes the night before, I was more conscious of God throughout the day, and I was more "in control" of the elements around me. Then I heard God's voice say to me, "Isn't it better when you run the day, instead of it running you?" And yes, it is better!!

So, I don't have all the answers yet, but I am learning discipline. I'm trying to go to bed earlier, be more prepared for the coming day, spend more time with the LORD, cut back on things that don't REALLY matter, and say "hurry up" less. Also, I've lost 11 lbs.

I am learning, because I'm listening. His ways truly are wonderful.

5 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your weight loss, great job. It nice when you don't let your day run you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erin,
    Just began following a few days ago. Such a nice way to stay connected...
    Connie B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Connie!! Yes...so glad you're on here! Get on facebook, girl! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete